The combination of the soy sauce, sesame and honey makes for a perfect meal!
- 55g basmati rice, (dry weight)
- 1x125g approx weight, boned and skinned chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce or tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tsps clear honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 0.25 tsps sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, cleaned, root removed and sliced (optional for garnish only)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice
- Whilst the rice is cooking, Slice the chicken into strips. Then put the honey, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken strips into the bowl, stir well to coat and leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the rice is cooked Heat a frying pan and add a couple of sprays of rapeseed oil. Carefully remove the chicken slices from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and set aside, keeping warm. Add the remaining marinade to the frying pan and bring to the boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the rice and place on to a warmed plate, top with the chicken and thickened sauce, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and sliced spring onion (optional)