This lovely light soup is easy to make and is fab served with fresh crusty bread!
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and diced
- 1 small sweet potato (approx. 130g), peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g pasta shells (dry weight)
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 500ml vegetable stock
- rapeseed oil spray
- 1 shallot or small onion peeled and diced
- ½ tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley and red chilli for garnish(optional)
- Heat a medium sized non-stick saucepan and add a couple of sprays of the rapeseed oil. Add the celery, sweet potato, diced shallot (or onion if using) and the diced carrot to the pan and gently fry for 3-4minutes.
- Add the stock , herbs and tomato puree and bring to the boil then add the pasta shells. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Season to taste with the salt and a little black pepper
- Serve i warmed soup bowls topped with the fresh parsley and chilli if using