A hearty tasty meal, that will leave you feeling full and happy. TIP: swap the plant-based sausages for any other type of sausage.
- 1x200g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1x210g can of chickpeas, drained
- 2x50g plant-based sausages, cut into chunks
- 80ml medium red wine
- 1 baby shallot, peeled and diced
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 1tsp fresh rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- rapeseed oil spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a frying pan and add a couple of sprays of the rapeseed oil. Add the onions and garlic and fry gently for 3-4 minutes until they are just starting to change colour.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the frying pan with the tomato puree, canned tomatoes, red wine and stir gently, reducing the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Add the rosemary, some black pepper and the chopped sausages and stir well. Transfer to a small casserole dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a warmed plate, topped with a little plant-based cheese(optional) and some fresh rosemary.