A version of the french bistro classic. Perfect served with a little mashed potato and mixed green vegetables
- 1 tsp level tomato puree
- 170ml beef stock
- 60g baby button mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- 1x150g skinless and boneless chicken breast
- 2 baby shallots, peeled and chopped
- 30ml Brandy
- 0.5 tsps dried tarragon
- 0.5 tsps garlic paste
- Rapeseed Oil Spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add a couple of sprays of rapeseed oil then add the garlic paste, chopped shallots and mushrooms. Fry for 2-3 minutes then add the chicken breast and cook on each side until starting to brown,
- Add the brandy to the pan and stir so that all of the contents are coated and then stir in the tomato puree and dried tarragon. Add the beef stock and stir to combine all of the flavours.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and allow to cook for a further 15 - 20 - if the sauce gets a little too thick, thin down with a little water.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.