This recipe doubles up as breakfast treat! Why not swap the fruit for juicy strawberries to mix it up.
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain ﬂour
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 200g mixed fresh berries, such as raspberries and blueberries
- rapeseed oil spray
- Pinch of icing sugar - optional
- Combine the ﬂour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl. Add the egg and vanilla. Using a whisk, gradually pour in the milk, beating the mixture to a smooth, lump free batter.
- Preheat a wafﬂe iron or non-stick frying pan; lightly spray the wafﬂe plate or pan with the rapeseed oil.
- If using a frying pan, place the cutter in the pan. Spoon 3-4tablespoons of mixture into the iron or cutter and cook for 2 minutes. Flip it over and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have four wafﬂes.
- Serve hot topped with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar