A festive way to use up leftover Christmas pudding! TIP: you could use fruit cake if you prefer.
- 1 x 4cm x 1cm thick diameter circular slice of Christmas pudding
- 1 small scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg white form 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
- Place the slice of Christmas pudding on a non-stick baking tray.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks, then gently whisk in the sugar.
- Place the ice cream on top, but in the center of the Christmas pudding. Working quickly carefully cover the ice cream with the meringue mixture, making sure there are no visible gaps. use a fork to make an attractive swirl pattern on the meringue.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the meringue turns a golden brown colour.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a dish and serve straight away.