This article is about staying positive even on the most stressful days by simply shifting your mindset, moving your body, and giving yourself a break once in a while. Here are our 5 ways to stay positive even on stressful days.
1. Avoid “All or Nothing Thinking”. Are you guilting of being stuck in that all or nothing mindset? So many of us think that if we don’t have a full hour to workout, then what’s the point, or if we ate that chocolate cake for breakfast, our day is ruined, so why not make it your cheat day. Listen up, we are here to tell you to ditch that mentality, because life and healthy living is SO not all or nothing, and you can bring so much more positivity into your day if you just give yourself a break.
2. Be Present. Be present in the moment. It will help you focus on one thing at a time, tune out any background noise, and put everything you have into what is going on in the present moment. When you’re present and mindful, you can also really tune in to everything you have to be grateful and positive for, so stay present, and positivity will naturally follow suit. Remember you can not change the past but only you have control over your present.
3. Move Your Body. Have you ever heard the saying you’re just one good workout away from a good mood? Well, this is so true, and if you feel yourself getting stuck in a rut and in need of a mood boost, be sure to get a good workout in. The post-workout endorphin rush is sure to give you that positive mood boost you need to get through the rest of your day. And, if you want a great way to kickstart your day, try getting a quick morning workout in or if you can simply get out in the fresh air to blow the cobwebs away and walk or cycle to work, then do it. You’ll be feeling proud and positive for the rest of your day.
4. Do Something For Someone Else. Sometimes doing something nice for someone else is exactly what we need to bring more positivity to our day, and it will certainly bring a smile to someone else’s face. So, if you are feeling stressed, tired, overworked, or all the above, make it a point to practice one act of kindness each day. You would be surprised at what doing for others can do for your overall mood as well. Plus, we could always use some extra kindness going around! Simply smiling at someone or asking how they are can make all the difference to you and them!
5. Create a Work-Life Balance. If you’re crazy stressed at work, it will be easier to stay positive throughout your day if you know that when it’s time to shut down your computer, that you can leave work at work and go home to unwind. It’s when we bring our workloads home and never have time to rest and reboot for the next day that we can find ourselves frazzled and extra irritable. So, if work has you stressed, look on the bright side by thinking about what you get to do after work. Taking time to enjoy an evening walk, alone or with a friend can really help clear the mind and rewind for the rest of your evening. Make a list to prioritise your jobs and what needs to be completed, this will help you manage your time more effectively and give a better balance to your day.