This simple pasta dish is packed full of flavour!
- 60g rigatoni pasta (dry weight)
- 180g small chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp white miso paste
- 125ml medium white wine
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1tsp sesame oil
- fresh chives to garnish (optional)
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil and add the pasta, reduce the heat slightly to a rolling boil.
- In a small frying gently heat the sesame oil and add the garlic, fennel seeds, mushrooms and red chilli strips. Cook on a medium heat until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Add the white wine and the Miso paste tothe frying pan and stir to combine, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. If the liquid reduces too far so that it’sdry then add a little of the pasta water – 1 tablespoon at a time so that youhave a light sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the heat and carefully drain. Then return the pasta to the pan and add the mushroom mixture. Stir gently to combine and transfer to a warmed pasta bowl.
- Garnish with the fresh chives if using and serve straight away.